The Shakespeare Conference: SHK 23.0362 Tuesday, 4 September 2012
Date: September 4, 2012 10:04:51 AM EDT
Subject: Reminder: European Shakespeare Congress (ESRA)
Dear List Members,
This is just to remind you that 1 October 2012 is the deadline for submitting a proposal (abstract and brief bio) for a seminar paper at the European Shakespeare Congress (ESRA) on “Shakespeare and Myth”, which will be held in Montpellier, France (26-29 June 2013).
Seminar presentations can be downloaded from the ESRA website
on behalf of the other members of the organising committee
(Florence March, Janice Valls-Russell and Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin)
In 2011, the Deutsche Shakespeare-Gesellschaft – in collaboration with ESRA – organized a major conference to commemorate 400 years of The Tempest with plenaries and seminars addressing the theme of “Shakespeare’s Shipwrecks” from a vast number of angles. The conference, held in Weimar, Germany, between 28 April and 1 May 2011, was attended by many members of the German Shakespeare Society and ESRA members from across the globe.
During the general meeting on the last day of the conference, the General Meeting of ESRA enthusiastically accepted the proposal by Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin to organize the 2013 ESRA conference in Montpellier, France, between 26 and 29 June 2013. The conference to be organized by the University of Montpellier will be devoted to “Shakespeare and Myth.”
At the Weimar gathering, the members of ESRA elected a new board:
- Ton Hoenselaars, Chair (Utrecht University)
- Clara Calvo, Conference (University of Murcia)
- Jacek Fabiszak, Treasurer (Adam Mickiewicz University)
- Juan F. Cerdá, Secretary (University of Murcia)
- Michael Dobson (The Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham)
- Boika Sokolova (University of Notre Dame in London)
- Andreas Höfele (University of Munich)
- Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin (University of Montpellier)
- HONORARY PRESIDENT: Ángel-Luis Pujante
Webmaster: Juan F. Cerdá
Register with us at the website.