1992

Shakespeare Electronic Conference, Vol. 3, No. 91. Friday, 17 Apr 1992.

(1)	Date: 	Mon, 13 Apr 1992 21:36:00 -0400
	From: 	Amy Lewis <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
	Subj:  	Help me..... [Q: Olivier and Zeffirelli Hamlets]

(2)	From: 	This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
	Date: 	Thu, 16 Apr 1992 16:52:56 -0400
	Subj:  	info request/sh & walpole

(3)	Subj: 	the meaning of cuckoo day (April 15)
	Date: 	Thu, 16 Apr 1992 17:55:40 -0400

(1)-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 		Mon, 13 Apr 1992 21:36:00 -0400
From: 		Amy Lewis <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject:  	Help me..... [Q: Olivier and Zeffirelli Hamlets]

I was wondering if anyone could help me?  I am a freshman student and
 need some information about Olivier's Hamlet and the recent Zeffierelli
 Hamlet starring Mel Gibson.

Let me know if you have any information about these two films, such as
 critiques, facts, or even comments.

The PyRoMaNiAc
                  *** Amy Lewis ***
                  *** This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ***

(2)------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: 		This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Date: 		Thu, 16 Apr 1992 16:52:56 -0400
Subject:  	info request/sh & walpole

I'm researching the influence of Shakespeare in Horace Walpole's
The Castle of Otranto.  I'd appreciate any leads anybody can give me
towards stuff already written on the subject, especially if the
reference is more than just a sentence or two.  Below are some authors
I've already uncovered who deal with the topic in depth.

Thanks a lot,
Dave Wedaman
Indiana State University
[This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]

Kristina Bedford, in English Studies in Canada, 1988.
Carol M. Dole, in English Language Notes, 1988.
Clyde S. Kilby, in Studies in Philology, 1941.
T.R. Lounsbury, in the book Shakespeare and Voltaire.
Eino Railo, in the book The Haunted Castle.
Sir Walter Raleigh, in The English Novel.
Jess M. Stein, in Studies in Philology, 1934.
Devendra Varma, in the book The Gothic Flame.

(3)-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: 	the meaning of cuckoo day (April 15)
Date: 		Thu, 16 Apr 1992 17:55:40 -0400

I have a calendar called the Folger Shakespeare Calendar which gives
significant events in Shak's life, etc. for each day during the year.
It calls April 15 Cuckoo Day. I've checked several sources but to no
avail for the origin/meaning, etc. of this.
   Can anyone enlighten me?