Home :: Archive :: 1994 :: October ::
SAA Seminars; Filmed *Tmp.*; Prospero; *TN*; *AYL*
Shakespeare Electronic Conference, Vol. 5, No. 0831. Friday, 21 October 1994.

(1)     From:   W. L. Godshalk <
        Date:   Wednesday, 19 Oct 1994 15:20:32 -0500 (EST)
        Subj:   SAA SEMINARS?

(2)     From:   Leslie Harris <
        Date:   Thursday, Oct 13 14:17:17 EDT 1994
        Subj:   Film Version of Tempest

(3)     From:   Thomas Hall <
        Date:   Thursday, 20 Oct 1994 22:56:25 -0500 (CDT)
        Subj:   Tempest and Prospero

(4)     From:   Daniel Mufson <
        Date:   Wednesday, 19 Oct 1994 20:00:00 -0400 (EDT)
        Subj:   Re: *TN* Production

(5)     From:   Milla Riggio <
        Date:   Thursday, 20 Oct 1994 16:12:44 -0500 (EST)
        Subj:   Re: SHK 5.0822  *AYL*

From:           W. L. Godshalk <
Date:           Wednesday, 19 Oct 1994 15:20:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject:        SAA SEMINARS?

I have heard nothing about the seminar to which I will be assigned. Is everyone
else in the same boat, or have I (so to speak) dropped through the cracks?

Yours, Bill Godshalk

From:           Leslie Harris <
Date:           Thursday, Oct 13 14:17:17 EDT 1994
Subject:        Film Version of Tempest

Hi, Folks.

A friend of mine is teaching _The Tempest_ in a class next semester, and she
wanted to find out about film versions of the play.

Does anyone know of a good film version of _The Tempest_ (and *not*
_Prospero's Books_)?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

Leslie Harris
Susquehanna University

From:           Thomas Hall <
Date:           Thursday, 20 Oct 1994 22:56:25 -0500 (CDT)
Subject:        Tempest and Prospero

In response to your question: I have not seen other production involving multi
media. However I did sit through a modern "Artists" rendering of the Tempest
called "Prospero's Books."  This involved some sensious and lush imagery. There
was more gratuitous nudity than in any movie I have ever seen! It does not
involve anything even remotely Shaksperian,but it might be an place for you to
start. At the very least, it's pretty to look at.

Thomas Hall
Northeastern Illinois University

From:           Daniel Mufson <
Date:           Wednesday, 19 Oct 1994 20:00:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject:        Re: *TN* Production

First, I want to thank everyone for the responses I received about what people
would and would not want to see in a TN production, about what TN essays they
would recommend, and about worthwhile productions to look into.

Second comes the embarassing part.

On October 5, I attempted to download (or whatever verb one does) in order to
print out the responses I received. I had never tried to do this before, and,
evidently, the person I recruited to advise me was no authority, either. In
short, my entire saved mail file was obliterated. I have been living in denial
of this fact for two weeks, but it is time to face up to the fact that I will
never recover those files.

If you by any chance saved the mail you sent me, could you please send it again
to
 ? Sorry, sorry, sorry for the inconvenience.

If you sent your response after October 5, I still have it.

By the way, I have since figured out how to transfer documents from the network
to a disk, so I won't have any problems this time around.

With deep gratitude and much embarassment,

-Dan Mufson
Yale School of Drama

[EDITOR'S NOTE:  Dan, there are three things that YOU can do.  First, you can
order the appropriate weekly logs.  For example, to order the log for the fifth
week of SHAKSPER discussions in September, send "GET SHAKSPER LOG9409d SHAKSPER"
to LISTSERV@UTRONTO.BITNET.  More than one such request can go in an individual
e-mail message.  Second, you can TELNET to the gopher server at the University
of Toronto (VM) and read and download the weekly logs.  Third, you can use the
DATABASE function to identify and order the appropriate daily digests.  --HMC]

(5)----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:           Milla Riggio <
Date:           Thursday, 20 Oct 1994 16:12:44 -0500 (EST)
Subject: 5.0822  *AYL*
Comment:        Re: SHK 5.0822  *AYL*

Dear Shakesperians:

I know that the Cheek by Jowl will be returning to BAM in December.  Does
anyone know exactly when, and even mroe when tickets will go on sale?

Thanks,