Shakespeare Electronic Conference: SHK 8.0220. Sunday, 16 February 1997.
From: Charlie Mitchell <
Date: Saturday, 15 Feb 1997 10:07:05 -0800
Subject: Call for Papers
C A L L F O R P A P E R S
On-Stage Studies, a peer-reviewed annual journal published by the
Department of Theatre and Dance of the University of Colorado, Boulder, is
looking for articles for its 20th anniversary issue, to be published in the
summer of 1997.
We are seeking articles on theatre and dance dealing with scholarly
evaluations of specific performances (production-related research), history
and performance traditions, contemporary performance theory, and textual
criticism as it applies to performance.
We will not accept articles that approach theatre from a strictly textual
standpoint (e.g. The Use of Metaphor in THE SEAGULL). We are looking for
how the issues discussed will affect performance choices. Dramatic texts
or performance diaries will no longer be considered.
For those interested in writing book reviews, please write to the Book
Review Editor, Jeff Turner, at the address below.
* Original manuscripts for articles should be submitted in conformance with
the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (4th ed.).
* Full-length articles may be up to twenty pages in length, double-spaced,
should be well-documented, use endnotes, and include a list of works cited.
* Up to two high quality, high contrast black and white photos are welcome.
* Manuscripts will not be returned.
* Authors desiring confirmation of receipt should enclose a self-addressed,
stamped envelope or postcard.
* The deadline for submissions has been extended to March 1, 1997.
All manuscripts and correspondence should be sent to:
Editor, On-Stage Studies
University of Colorado at Boulder
Campus Box 261
Boulder, CO 80309-0261
Questions? Please e-mail us at: