The Shakespeare Conference: SHK 21.0472 Friday, 31 December 2010
From: Shakespeare Association of America <
Date: Friday, December 31, 2010 10:28 AM
Subject: January Bulletin for 2011 SAA
Registration for this year's SAA conference in Bellevue, Washington, is now open.
Those of you who have opted out of receiving a hard-copy bulletin will find a
downloadable version by clicking on "current bulletin" at our homepage,
www.ShakespeareAssociation.org. This assembles all the conference information in its
* Pages 3-6 for the SCHEDULE of paper sessions, seminars, and workshops that
commence at midday on Thursday, 7 April;
* Pages 6-7 for information about SPECIAL EVENTS including a reading of A Yorkshire
Tragedy on Wednesday night, performances by the Taiwan BangZi Opera Company on
Thursday and Friday nights, and a concert of Ophelia songs on Saturday evening;
* Page 8 for our discounted HOTEL rate of $130 per night with free in-room internet
access at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue;
* Page 8 for SHUTTLES from the Seattle airport to the Hyatt Regency and for an SAA
shuttle to downtown Seattle on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Remember also to click on the "Membership" tab to register your vote in the 2011
election of SAA officers. Voting opens on 1 January. For a message from our current
president, Russ McDonald, see page 2 of the January bulletin. For other SAA
* Page 9 for the CALL FOR PROPOSALS for the 2012 meeting;
* Page 12 for the schedule of FUTURE SAA meetings: 2012 in Boston, 2013 in Toronto,
and 2014 in St. Louis.
Hard copies of the bulletin are now en route to those who have indicated their
preference to receive it by conventional mail.
With all good wishes of the New Year,
S H A K S P E R: The Global Shakespeare Discussion List
Hardy M. Cook,
The S H A K S P E R Web Site <http://www.shaksper.net>
DISCLAIMER: Although SHAKSPER is a moderated discussion list, the opinions expressed
on it are the sole property of the poster, and the editor assumes no responsibility