The Shakespeare Conference: SHK 29.0368 Thursday, 25 October 2018
Date: October 24, 2018 at 2:02:23 PM EDT
Subject: Posting a CFP for Critical Survey
CFP on Shakespeare and Japan: http://www.journals.berghahnbooks.com/_uploads/cs/CS-Shakespeare-and-Japan.pdf
Call for Papers:
Shakespeare and Japan
Editors: Graham Holderness and Bryan Loughrey
Critical Survey addresses central issues of critical practice and literary theory in a language that is clear, concise, and accessible, with a primary focus on Renaissance and Modern writing and culture. The journal combines criticism with creative writing, including poetry, providing an essential resource for everyone involved in the field of literary studies.
The Editors of Critical Survey invite submissions for a special issue of the journal on Shakespeare and Japan.
Submissions on all relevant topics will be considered, including the following:
• Reception of Shakespeare in Japan
• Naturalisation of Shakespeare into Japanese culture
• Translation of Shakespeare into Japanese
• The Shakespeare films of Akira Kurosawa
• The Shakespeare productions of Yukio Ninagawa
• Impact of Noh and Kabuki on Shakespeare production, inside and outside Japan
• Shakespeare assimilated into Japanese forms such as Manga
• Japanese influence on Shakespeare world-wide.
Journals Marketing Manager