The Shakespeare Conference: SHK 9.1017 Thursday, 21 October 1998.
Date: Tuesday, 20 Oct 1998 09:00:13 -0400
Subject: Sword Fights
Alternatives to students using swords in Shakespeare productions:
1. Do a one-on-one debate, moderated by John McLaughlin.
2. Have them hurl Sting CDs at each other.
3. Imitate Curly and Moe and poke each other in the eyes while saying,
"Woo, woo, woo."
4. Have an air-band competition, using tracks by Michael Jackson and/or
Sonny & Cher.
5. Engage in natural conversation--the first one to use "like..." or "I
6. Do a one-on-one debate, moderated by William F. Buckley.
7. See who is first to recall the capital of Zaire or Namibia.
8. Use 9mm pistols, loaded mostly with blanks.
9. Make them watch PBS until one cries "Uncle."
10. Have them cut each other's clothes with pinking shears.
11. Have them mud-wrestle (not allowed for AYLI).
12. Force them to wager on the outcome of Superbowl XIII.
13. Read them e-missives from Terence Hawkes until one cries "Nuncle."