The Shakespeare Conference: SHK 11.2321  Wednesday, 12 December 2000

From:           Skip Nicholson <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date:           Tuesday, 12 Dec 2000 22:02:55 -0800
Subject:        Question about type symbols

Does anyone here know if there is a name for symbols when they are used
in type to substitute for obscenities or the like? The "%@#^?$*&" or the
like?  I have doubts that Shakespeare ever used them, but I turn to this
group since I have looked everywhere else in the world. (I *do* remember
the name of those little plastic things on the end of shoe laces. ?$&*%!
I could use that space in my brain for something else, but there you

Thank you,
Skip Nicholson

Subscribe to Our Feeds


Make a Gift to SHAKSPER

Consider making a gift to support SHAKSPER.